Friday 18 March 2011

Walk Off That Fat with Pedometer!

I know I'm not qualified to give fitness tips because my waistline still measures >34 inches. But ever since I have my pedometer permanently clipped at my waistband, I think I've toned up a bit. I have 5kgs to shed and I'm slowly trying walking to achieve my target.
To start, it doesn't really matter what kind of pedometer you buy really, as long as you can track your steps. Mine really is a cheap one because I just need to know my total steps and distance.
Omron Hj-113 Pocket Pedometer, Walking Style, BlackI read that 5,000 steps a day keeps you healthy and 10,000 steps a day makes you lose weight. 
Now, 3 simple tips to walk off that fat with a pedometer:
1. Minimise usage of emails, messaging and phone calls. I now walk to my colleagues' desks for short discussions. That simply earns me extra 250 steps a day.
2. Make a simple chart of your progress at the end of every day on your calendar. I feel so motivated at the end of each day and promise myself an extra 100 steps the next day. And if I found that the steps for the day are less than the day before, I would make up for that steps the next day.
3. Have a pedometer buddy. Compare your total daily steps with your buddy and get on a friendly competition. I bought my pedometer with a friend and we would text each other end of the day of our progress. Having a pedometer buddy can really be motivating!

No comments: