Thursday 17 March 2011

Bounce Back from Rock Bottom

How does one bounce back after hitting rock bottom? After I found out about my husband's affairs, I thought my life was over. I spent weeks being sad and depressed. I walked around like a zombie - living but dead inside. However, I was blessed to have a truly good friend. She picked me up from my state of daze, shook me out of my nightmare and nudged me to move on.
It was New Year's eve when she called saying she would come see me the next day. I was watching TV where they showed live telecast of fireworks display at midnight feeling so alone at one minute into the new year. She made me promise I would go to the gym the next morning, at the very same time she would be at her gym. She then came, picked me up and drove to a beach 45 minutes from my house. We spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on the sand, talking nonsense and watching the waves. We had a good laugh and a good cry. And we ended the day with sumptuous seafood dinner. 
Hitting rock bottom is painful but turning to a good friend for comfort can help you to bounce back. Have a good talk and a good cry. You have all the rights to be sad and depressed. However, you have to move on with life and a good friend will be able to hold your hand and provide a shoulder to cry on...

No comments: