Monday 28 March 2011

For the Sake of the Kids?

Someone named Watie wrote to me telling me her story being cheated by her husband. In short: a housewife who cooks and cleans, takes care of the kids, everything a good wife should and would do, and in the end found out that her husband is having an affair with his colleague. And the sad thing was, her husband creates bad stories about her to attract other women. She's now suffering in silence for the sake of her children.
My reply to her:
Dear Watie,
I can understand how you feel. I do feel that way sometimes, at times, all the time. Life can never be the same. Yes, women can be stupid at times. I was stupid too! But men are more stupid actually - for not appreciating what's there in front of them.
Once I was so down and depressed, but I finally believe that I am not at the losing end. It is his lost and not mine. I did leave him. Because I believe I am strong and I can live my life without a man who can't appreciate what a great wife I am. I can live on my own with my daughter. But my husband can't. He realised it in just a couple of days how his life would be if both of us walked out on him.
I'm not suggesting that you do what I did. But you must believe in yourself. And at one point, you need to think about yourself. That you are worth more than you think. I'm not the best person to comment actually because I am different and a little bit crazy :) And to top that, I am a bit of a feminist. Also, I watched too much Oprah! But I do pray you will find happiness. And I pray your husband will eventually realise what an amazing wife he actually has at home.

No comments: