Saturday 2 August 2014

Recipe: My Mom's Simple Yellow Cake

Here's my mom's simple cake. I don't know what it's really called. I just name it Yellow Cake. I guess you can call it Pound Cake.

When I was little, I love helping her prepare the cake. The reward is the leftover batter smeared on spoons and the mixing bowl. I would scrape off the batter with my fingers and lick it dry! Delicious!

Simple Yellow Cake

1 cup margarine or butter
1 cup castor sugar
1.5 cup flour
3 eggs (small), 2 if eggs are big
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
A few tablespoons of condensed milk (no specific measurement!)

Cream margarine/butter with castor sugar. Then add the eggs one by one. Mix really well.
Next, add flour. Finally add vanilla essence and condensed milk.
Pour batter into greased pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until skewer inserted comes out clean.

For varieties, can always divide the batter into 2 bowls. One mix with cocoa powder. You will get a simple marble cake.
Or, can sprinkle the top with chocolate rice or colourful sprinkles.

No comments: